ABOUT THE ZONING COMMITTEE
- Act in service to the Francisville community through careful consideration of the safety, environmental, security, economic, and quality of life impacts of building projects on near-neighbors and Francisville as a whole.
- Through a commitment to ethics and transparency, reinforce and enhance the positive characteristics of the built environment within the UFCA boundary area.
- Encourage active participation of the entire neighborhood at UFCA meetings and at Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustments (ZBA) hearings.
Chair: Vivek Tomer (Interim)
Process & Guidelines
The UFCA Zoning Committee meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 6pm. Projects are presented to the community on a monthly basis at the UFCA Community Meetings.
See our Events Page for upcoming meeting agendas.
The Zoning Committee is comprised of up to 7 volunteer members, all UFCA voting members, who can volunteer at least 4 hours a month, have diverse backgrounds, and are working to becoming experts on the zoning code and the appeal process.
Contact the Zoning Chair if you would like to become involved in this important neighborhood function.
- Philadelphia Atlas (Maps, Deeds, Permits, Zoning)
- Zoning Map (Enter an address, and choose “Zoning Base Districts” from menu on left.
- Philadelphia Property Lookup
- Philadelphia Zoning Appeals (Choose “RCO/United Francisville Civic Association” from the Regions drop-down box.)
- Philadelphia Zoning Code Quick Reference Manual (Explains different zoning codes and rules)
- Philadelphia Zoning Administrative Manual
- Philadelphia Complete Streets Design Handbook